Welcome to 908 South - The Blog

Hello new visitor,

You've either chosen to visit this blog, or you've stumbled upon it by chance. Either way, I wanted to welcome you. This blog is run by the writing partnership of sisters Caitlin and Christy Kleppinger. This first post, the one you have found yourself reading right now, was written by the younger half of the duo, Caitlin.

For our first blog post, the professional route would be to talk about something writer-y like story structure or character development. 

I'd rather talk about comic books. Or what song I'm listening to. Or that weird guy I saw in Hollywood last night. Christy has the degree in film and story. Me? I have a degree in how to make shit sound better. Okay, so that's not exactly what it says on my diploma, but it might as well. 

And what would be the point of telling you that this blog will be all professional discussions about writing? I mean those might happen accidentally, but for the most part it would be a hideous pack of lies. Shadows and mirrors purposed to misdirect you while we fumble with other tricks. I don't want to mislead you, dear reader, by starting this blog with a carefully crafted discussion about rules and structure. I don't do structure well. Ask the preschool that kicked me and Christy out when we were 4 and 5. I think our step mom still has the note they sent home with us. Some day I'm planning on having it framed. 

What you're in for on this blog is a collection of random thoughts, mostly focused on media and art. Sort of a rambling anarchical look at pop culture. 

You should also keep in mind as your read this, we are writers. Some of these are stories. We exaggerate and shadow the truth. Sometimes we lie. It's all done in an attempt to be more entertaining, but do try to keep in mind that we use the truth only when it serves us. We never aim to offend people, but at some point we probably will. People with strong opinions and loud voices always do.

So here we are, at the end of our very first post. If you haven't run screaming already I'd like to extend my congratulations. If you have questions or comments please leave them below. (Keeping in mind that while we can handle constructive criticism, anything too mean is likely to send us weeping to the nearest closet to cry our salty tears in quiet darkness)

Cheers,
Little C

Comments

  1. Thanks to the Cs pls keep us inspired with such interesting stories.
    ALoy
    Uganda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts