TV Tuesday: Tardy to the Party

Readers, I'm late this week. Late a day on my post and in general I'm late to one of the longest, nerdiest parties of all TV history.

Image from IMDb
That's right, friends, I'm finally watching Battlestar Gallactica (the 2004 remake). I started it a few years back with my roommate and we got through exactly 6 episodes before Netflix pulled it down and broke our hearts. Which is when life took over and there were a thousand other great shows to watch and now I'm finally getting back into it. It's my gym show (I watch an episode at a time from the treadmill or elliptical) and it's dang good for that because the ladies on this show are ripped.

Image from IMDb
Plus, who knew, but this show is so rad. It's the kind of sci-fi that really gets me going because it's futuristic with a deep, deep mythology. It's not just the robots vs. humans drama that I expected. Like any good science fiction it's a show that asks deep questions about who is human and who isn't and what being human means. The stakes are everything- the survival of the human race- and the characters are complex.

Image from IMDb
Specifically, I'm increasingly obsessed with Kara "Starbuck" Thrace. I know, I know, I'm officially one of the long lineage of nerd girls to love Starbuck. She's smart and sassy and tough as nails and funny. I'm just getting into the part where she takes on a mission that might play a part in a long-foretold prophecy and let me tell you guys, I am here for it. Make Starbuck a mythological hero. I'll follow you there, writers.

Image from IMDb
I'm still only on the second season of Battlestar Gallactica and the first person to spoil anything for me is getting kicked. I know I'm way late to the party here friends but I don't care. I will not have any part of this journey ruined for me. If like me, you're waiting around to get into this show I only have to say to you JUMP IN. As soon as I'm done with this I'm circling back to the original series.

Happy Watching!
CT

Comments

Popular Posts