Little C: Hodge Podge of stuff

Readers, I couldn't find it in me to post yesterday. I have a few different things to address, so this may be a little all over the place. So sorry, just bear with me and I promise there is a tiny bit of awesome at the end to make up for the ADD nature of everything.

First thing, Ursula K. Le Guin died this week. The Left Hand of Darkness is a lifechanger and if you haven't read it yet, it needs to go on your to do list immediately. That single book did more to make me a compassionate storyteller than everything else I've read combined. She was a titan in the literary world and we'll be feeling her loss for a long time. I've been going through her quotes to make myself feel better and I found one that sort of sums up my favorite things about her.

"To misuse language is to use it the way politicians and advertisers do, for profit, without taking responsibility for what the words mean. Language used as a means to get power or make money goes wrong: it lies. Language used as an end in itself, to sing a poem or to tell a story goes right, goes towards the truth."

In slightly less depressing news, last weeks episode of The Good Place was so so so good but it ended on this really tragic cliff hanger and now we're being forced to spend the week remembering that this is a show about four people who have literally died and gone to Hell. This is not what we signed up for Mike Schur! If one hair on Jason Mendoza's head is harmed I will never let you hear the end of it! 

The CW has picked up a reboot of Charmed. As someone who loved the original but also knows that it doesn't hold up... I have some concerns. The pilot is being written by the same person who created Jane the Virgin so I want to give it a chance... Let's just say I reserve the right to a big I-Told-You-So if it doesn't work. 

 Okay that's all the news I have in my soul to give you. But I did promise you a hit of awesome so here you go, the best GIF to ever exist:

source

Isn't that awesome!?!?!?

Little C

Comments

Popular Posts