TV Tuesday: A Few Of My Favorite Things

Readers, I'm back. Not back like "post once in a blue moon when the stars align just so" back, but like actually back to posting on a schedule. It's been a bananas summer- stories to come, I promise.

I'm back just in time for the fall shows to all start up, so I thought this was a good time to do a Recent Favorite Things post. As in, these are the TV shows that have gotten me through the insanity of the last few months.

Image from IMDb
In response (probably) to one of my thousands of emails. the second season of The Good Place is finally up on Netflix. Friends, we love this show so much. I thought, honestly, that I was going to hate it, but I was so wrong. It's one of the rare TV shows that constantly changes the stakes and keeps me on my toes. The second episode of Season 2 is one of the best-written episodes of TV I've seen in a really long time. Plus, Jason Mendoza is a precious, hilarious angel and I would do just about anything to protect him.
**Bonus points for giving us the best gif to respond to every bit of politics I read lately:
Source

I'm still working my way through Battlestar Gallactica and I'm more obsessed with Kara Thrace with every single moment. I know I'm tardy to the party on this one, but this show is so good. Like deep nerdy mythology plus fancy space action plus political drama. It's the show I watch at the gym, because it's easy to convince myself to stay on the elliptical for more time because I absolutely need to know what happens next. All. The. Time.
Image from IMDb

In response to my actual desperate tweeting, Amazon finally released Jack Ryan. For reals guys, I feel like they've been hyping up this show for so long and it genuinely doesn't need any hyping because it's John Krasinski getting his badass on and we'd all have been on board with that anyways. Plus Krasinski directed one of my new favorite horror films so I'm contractually obligated to support him on this one. (Right? That's how that works?) There's a whole post coming about this show (it's so good!), but I'm only a few episodes in so far. Give a girl time to get caught up.
Image from IMDb
In the midst of what felt like a thousand plane trips, I had the chance to catch a little one-season BBC genre drama called The Living and The Dead. It's a damn shame that this show only went one season because despite a few wobbly moments it's a scary and totally unique story. It gives Colin Morgan (of Merlin fame) a chance to stretch some pretty fantastic acting muscles. But the standout performance for me was Charlotte Spencer, who plays Morgan's wife. It's a strange, intense thriller with a ton of atmosphere- definitely worth a watch.

Image from IMDb
So that's been most of my watching this summer, friends. What about you? What should I binge next?

Happy watching!
CT

Comments

Popular Posts