TV Tuesday: Winding Down the Summer Binging

Okay Readers, this is a rough week for a TV Tuesday post. Summer is over, and for the most part I am well past caught up on the TV I got behind on last year, but the new season of everything hasn't started yet. So today I thought I'd take a look at the shows I didn't intend to power through that I found myself in love with over the last few months.

source IMDB


I flung myself really hard back in to Into The Badlands this year. Season 2 was sosososososososososo good so when Season 3 started up I watched and rewatched every episode. Guys. GUYS! I for the life of me don't understand why the collective nerd-dom isn't losing their minds over this show. The world building is impeccable, the fight scenes are so tightly choreographed that if you blink you've missed something awesome, and THE COSTUMES ARE SO FRIKKIN COOL! Alright, maybe not the note to hit my hardest fan-girl on, but I'm serious. This has everything that the GoT nerds love, except it's also got a diverse cast and is fun to watch. Seriously, the first two seasons are on Netflix and the first half of season three is on the AMC app for those of you with a cable provider. Get to watchin. (sidebar: I sent a super angry email AMC's way when I realized I had to wait till January for the rest of the episodes of this season. Sorry, not sorry?) #Minervus #IWillGoDownWithThisShip

source IMDB


Okay guys, this comes from my best friend. Strong Girl Bong-Soon is a Korean dramedy and it's also a wild damn ride. The story centers around Do Bong-soon, a young woman who's the youngest in a long line of women who are gift with extrodinary strength. She uses her power to get a position protecting the head of a video game design company where she wants to be a game designer. Do Bong-soon is the cutest deadly force of nature that's ever been presented on TV. It only had one season but the whole thing is up on Netflix and I swear it was the perfect counterbalance to the first season of The Punisher.

source IMDB
 And we take a sharp journey from modern-day Korea to 1950's England. I love a good BBC period piece. Does that in any way jive with my intense love of bright and flashy super heroes? No! But here we are, this is what happens when a kid watches too many X-men cartoons during the day and reruns of Pride and Prejudice at night. This is a three episode mini-series adaptation of an Agatha Christie mystery. I was a little concerned about whether it would see the light of day, as it went through some pretty intensive reshoots after they replaced an actor who was the center of a string of accusations during the height of the #MeToo movement. But the editing is so seamless and the cast so brilliant that you would never guess that about 30% of it was reshot. It's a great twisty story with maybe the most dysfunctional family ever presented on screen.

source IMDB
Sometimes, dear readers, life is stressful. And in those times, what we really need is delightful British people making impossibly complicated cakes. We adored the first few seasons and we thought we wouldn't be able to carry on without hosts Mel and Sue, but the BBC responded by giving us a new pair comprised of a human/crow hybrid and the most delightful pocket lesbian ever. Every time CT and I watch an episode together one of us points at the screen and says "I love that jacket!".  In this house we stan Noel and Sandy. Plus new judge Pru will criticize someone gently while also shoveling as much of their bake into her mouth as possible and that is a #BigMood

So I hope this summer you found a show that surprised you.

Happy Watching
Little C

Comments

Popular Posts