CT: March Madness

No no no, this isn't a post about basketball. Mostly because basketball is... Ahem... Not my favorite sport? It's uh... What's that word? Oh yes. It's boring. It's a good thing to put on during, say, nap time. 

Come at me, basketball fans. 

I know the Academy Awards are this weekend and everyone is looking back at their favorite films of the year, but I'm not such a fan of awards shows. So instead I want to look forward. March is going to be a super exciting month for movies and it marks the arrival of a few movies that I've been waiting for forever! So here's a quick rundown of the movies coming out in March that I'm excited for: 

Knight of Cups

Ooooooh boy, readers. This is a big one. Terrence Malick is my absolute favorite director, and a filmmaking genius. His films aren't for everyone. They're closer to visual poetry than plot-driven stories, but they're all gorgeous. Knight of Cups  looks different from his other recent films and I can't wait. 

I'm planning a rewatch of a few of his other movies in anticipation of this one. I'll let you all know how planning that goes in case you want to join in! 

Midnight Special

Everything I've read and seen about Midnight Special has basically called it the best science fiction film we've had in years. It's chock-filled with actors I love, from Michael Shannon and Sam Shepherd to Sean Bridges. The story follows a family trying to protect their young boy who has astonishing abilities. It feels from the trailers like the fun adventure films from my childhood. I can't wait. 

The Program

I have been waiting for this movie to come out for sooooooo long. Everything about it looks incredible, starting with Ben Foster as Lance Armstrong. Foster is one of those actors who puts every ounce of himself into his performances and it's always a joy to watch him. Plus, I think the Lance Armstrong story is fascinating, so I'm stoked for such a well-produced version of it. 

Special Mention: I Saw The Light 

The incredible Tom Hiddleston playing Hank Williams. He's doing his own singing. That is all. 

Boom. 

Happy Watching!
CT

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts