Movie Crush Monday: Little C and Dracula

Hello readers,
We are, as they say, dragging ass a little bit today. We're not fully recovered from the shoot this weekend, so when I realized it was my post day I took a nap and colored instead of writing it because my brain was not on board with having to create thoughts. I'm unable to make complicated connections so I'm following Anthony Hopkins from Christy's movie to Dracula.


This movie was campy and weird. Francis Ford Coppola turned the story into a slightly more modern version of the novel. He added some weird costumes and cast Keanu Reeves. It was the most 90's gothic horror film ever made. It stars Winnona Rider! And Cary Elwes! If somehow Jennifer Love Hewitt had made an appearance wearing a shirt with butterflies on it... I digress. 


I say horror movie, because of the whole "vampires trying to eat people" thing, but honestly there are parts of this film (including Anthony Hopkins portrayal of Van Helsing) that come across more as comedy. It's such a weird adaptation but somehow it works. Gary Oldman really digs in to the character as well, and toes the line between campy and terrifying. 



The best thing about this movie really is the visuals. Coppola might be kind of a weird guy (and honestly I'm not a huge fan of most of his stuff) but he knows how to tell a story with some beautiful imagery. The actors know how to play to the drama of the world as well. 



I'm sorry this is such a pitifully short review. I swear I will pull myself together before my post on Wednesday. For now, I'm off to bed for my first full night of sleep since the madness started. 

Na-night,
Little C


Comments

Popular Posts