Little C: Into the Badlands

Oh boy, readers. I found it. The show that embodies everything I love about TV. It has a huge and unique world. It has a diverse cast and intricate political plays. IT HAS KUNG FU FIGHTS! I'm sorry, but my excitement cannot be contained. Into the Badlands is officially the television obsession of my household.



It's the story of a world that has just emerged from a war and is ruled by nine different Barrons who control different territories and resources. They retain their power by letting their armies of assassins do their dirty work. It sounds complicated but my god it's so well put together that it leans just enough on conventions that the audience is never struggling to keep up.




I've got to mention how beautiful this show is. The costumes are exquisite  (and more than a little steampunk which I fucking adore) and the sets are amazing. Even the fight scenes have this pseudo comic book feel to them, giving these perfectly choreographed battles the space and backdrop to really shine. The show films in Louisiana which is jarring at first but the more I watched the more the deep south locations gave a fresh take to a story that's essentially post apocalyptic.


So let's all tune into this show so I can live in this world for many years to come.
Happy Watching,
Little C


Comments

Popular Posts