CT: Time Out

Guys, I'm late, and I really wish I had a better excuse but the truth is that I just got back to town a few days ago and I have been legit discombobulated. But I'm pulling it together in between screaming at my Fantasy Football app on my phone (come ON, Leonard Fournette, what the H dude?!!).

Like Cait mentioned, we were in New York for a few days last week. It was such an amazing time. We saw a huge amount of the city and Caitlin fell just as much in love with it as I did the first time I went. We ate approximately all the things and they were all delicious and we had a really great time. Even though we were a bit rushed by only having a few days in the city, I think we made the most of the time. Also, we saw Wicked and it was by far one of the best theater experiences of my life. Holy goodness those ladies can sing!

Then, I spent a long weekend last weekend up in central New York state, with some of my favorite people in the world. We had long conversations and great meals and picked apples and played with a most adorable baby and enjoyed the beautiful countryside up there. It was one of those beautiful, restful trips that I don't make enough time for because I'm too busy trying to see all the things and do all the things whenever I'm on vacation.

It's interesting, because one of those great conversations I had last weekend was about the concept of rest. I'll be honest with you, I'm terrible at rest. I don't do well with actual down time. I prefer having a project, a to-do list, a deadline. But trips like this last week remind me about why rest is so important. Taking that time to focus on community and recharge my batteries means that I came back to LA refreshed, ready to jump back into work and projects with fresh eyes.

So here we are, ready to finish a few projects and maybe start a few more, filled with all our experiences in New York and filled with rest. See you all tomorrow for a brand new Movie Crush.

CT

Comments

Popular Posts