Little C: City Life

Readers, we mentioned last week that we were in New York for a quick trip. I had never been before, but now that I've seen it I'm completely obsessed. Three days was not nearly enough time to see everything I want to see, and I cannot wait to go back.

Our first day we walked all over the middle of Manhattan. We saw Cafe Wha where Bob Dylan and most of the people since Bob Dylan got there starts. We saw where CBGBs used to be. We walked through the NYU campus and drank coffee while we walked along rainy New York streets and suddenly every song that sings a love letter to that city made sense. We capped the day off with a dinner with friends where we ate the best pizza and pasta I've ever had.

We spent the second day in Brooklyn, taking in the killer veiws from the waterfront in Dumbo. I wandeder down to do a littlw record shopping and then we capped the night with a trip to Time Square and 30 Rock. I did not try and weasel my way up to the SNL stage, but I did think about it...

Day three was Central Park day. We made a quick stop at The Plaza which now sports an Eloise themed store and then we walked through the park. We ate hot dogs from a street cart, we said hello to the Balto statue, we almost interrupted a shoot for the new Alan Cummings TV show... but Alan was not present so we kept going. We stopped by to see our friend Joy in Hells Kitchen (very cute, not at all crime riddle and sketchy as Daredevil makes it out) and then we went down to Chelsea to see the High Line park. Essentially there used to be a raised train system there and when it was abandoned for the subway, they turned it into a long park.

Last stop was my first Broadway show. We went to see Wicked. It was magical. It was super steampunk in aesthetic. I cried through most of it. I stood in line intending to get a souvenir necklace but they were $45 and I am not that rich...

It was an amazing trip. I've threatened to get on a plane and go back every day since I landed in LA. I'm already compiling a list of things I want to do on my next visit. Until then, I still love you New York.

Little C

Comments

Popular Posts