On this (late) TV Tuesday Little C Has A Problem

Dear readers, the television season is slowly drawing to a close. Plots are getting heightened, characters are approaching impending dooms, I have gone full Charlie Day conspiracy wall with the pilot season... it's a chaotic time in our household. Added to that CT and I are juggling several projects that have left us alternating who gets to have a meltdown this week and I barely have time to stay caught up on the shows I'm invested in. But then... well... I got pulled in almost against my will to another show.

To explain what happened I have to go back. A few years ago NBC got caught up in the comic book fever that was sweeping television and commissioned a show based around beloved comic character Constantine. They cast Matt Ryan, who we all agreed was a great choice. And then they promptly fumbled it. The writers seemed super unwilling to take risks with the character who went from being a chain smoking,  bisexual, demonologist who messed with heavens plans as often as he messed with Hells to a sort of boring wannabe Winchester who didn't smoke and was painfully straight. The show never took off, and was cancelled half a season in.

The CW, great salvager of comic book characters that other networks don't know what to do with, have pulled Matt Ryan back into the Arrow-verse a few times and let the character be much closer to his comic self. He smokes, he flirts with anything with a pulse, he makes some truly horrifying descisions when facing down something evil. And now they are planning on bringing him back full time to Legends of Tomorrow. I will admit that LoT has never been a show I felt compelled to keep up with regularly, but I'm a giant nerd for Constantine and damnit YOU WIN GUYS! I'M WATCHING AND I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!

Legends hasn't officially been renewed for another season (because the CW doesn't want me to fill out my 2018-19 TV schedule in a timely manner) but it's got decent ratings and there's no reason not to expect the little time jumping heros to saddle up for new adventures next fall. And they just got themselves a mew die hard. At least as long as John stays alive.

Happy watching,
Little C

Comments

Popular Posts