CT: Comic Con!

Hello loyal readers!

Well, as Caitlin mentioned last week I had zero free time to write this weekend and so my blog post is an abysmal 3 days late. At some point there's going to be a punishment system in place for that and when that day comes I am so screwed. At any rate...

If you follow us on social media (or were within the several hundred mile vicinity to hear our excited screaming), you know we were at Comic Con this weekend. That's right, Geek Central itself. And it was amazing, so I thought I'd share with you all a little bit about our experience there this weekend.

Here's the thing about Comic Con- it's impossible to see everything. Panels overlap, lines stretch out the door and start the night before the panels, and sometimes one half of your team has to work a good portion of the weekend and is thus a bum partner (me, everyone, I'm the bum... spoiler!). And I'll be completely honest with you, our loyal readers. I'd rather do many, many uncomfortable things before I would sleep outside on the ground for the chance to see some extra footage of something or a glimpse at a favorite actor/writer/director. It's just not in my nature. Which is a little odd because I'd happily sleep outside on the ground for fun (read: camping), but no one in the Hall H line was going to be cool with me whipping up a fire for some s'mores. But I digress...

So outside of all of that Cait and I saw some amazing panels, walked the floor, drank approximately all the caffeine and generally had a ball. Cait got to sit in on the Hannibal panel- the #Pannibal for all of you keeping score at home, because the Hannibal fans cannot be stopped.
Also the swag... Oh goodness the swag...

However, the absolute highlight of the weekend for me was the TV Guide Fan Favorites Panel. It was basically everyone I love from TV: Maisie Williams, Ming-Na Wen, Norman Reedus, Yvette Nicole Brown, David Anders, and Eliza Taylor. Even the actors from shows I don't really watch were hysterical and everyone on the panel got along swimmingly. All the adults on the panel admitted to being intimidated by Maisie Williams, who (honest to goodness) giggled.
The face she made when she said "Anyone can be killed".

But I have to say the best part of the whole thing for me was how Yvette Nicole Brown spoke about TV and being a fan. She's a huge fangirl herself, and has gained a reputation in the industry for knowing her stuff. She said several times during the panel, "I ship that", a reference probably not even all of our blog readers will understand. Yvette Nicole Brown also explained how she loves to take notes while she's watching TV- not just so that she can be sure that she's not missing anything but also because the writing is so good that she doesn't want to miss a beat. Anyone with that kind of love for taking notes and for TV is a kindred soul.
She. Was. Rad.

We won't even talk about how she responded to my tweet because I'm honestly still freaking out about it.
*Still screaming*

Who else went to Comic Con? What were your favorite parts?

Much Love!
CT

Comments

Popular Posts