Little C: Vacation Planning

Happy Wednesday everyone! No really! It's Wednesday! SHHHHHHHH IT IS WEDNESDAY IF I SAY IT IS!

Ok so I missed my blog day. I'm late. It's summer and I got lazy and forgot to blog. Sorry folks. Not only that, but all the things in the news that I would want to talk about are either ridiculously depressing or political so I don't have a good topical story to share with you guys. I apologize for being a slacker.

A while back CT told you about how she likes to pick out apartments we will never be able to afford and then pretend to furnish them. I have a similar hobby. I plan vacations. Sometimes it's as simple as go to Tahiti, find worlds largest Mai Tai, have week long nap under umbrella by the beach kind of things. Sometimes it's a little more elaborate. It all boils down to the same thing. I'm telling stories, or starting them at least.

I don't actually want to spend a few months living in the London punk scene, but I know there's a story in there and I want to tell it. I probably would probably get eaten by something if I went exploring in the Brazilian rainforest but it would be exciting.

Christy and I are dedicated to world building. We want every story we tell to feel like the world around it, from the buildings to the language, is a character. Sometimes the things we write take place in the "real world" but we're never writing anything that takes place in Los Angeles at exclusively places we actual go to every day. So even when our story isn't scifi or fantasy, we get to put a little work in to exploring a new world.

I think this is why Christy is so in love traveling, and I will be too  just as soon as being on an airplane doesn't make me want to burst into a cloud of dust "Buffy style." Because it gives us the opportunity to expand our world view and in turn makes us better story tellers. From day to day we watch TV or read books to explore, but there's nothing as good as actually being in a new place.

So until there are some developments on our economical front, I will have to make do with what I can learn from the internet. But the internet tells me Budapest is lovely this time of year...

Happy travels (Imaginary or otherwise)

Little C


Comments

Popular Posts