Little C: Summer Time Music

Readers,

As Los Angeles seems unwilling to decide between flooding and being on fire, I am deep into my Summer music mode. So I thought I would take this post as an opportunity to explore a few of the different artists that have taken up residence in my stereo. The key to good summer music is to keep it light, which for me usually means pop-punk. But with the help of my sister and a few other friends, I've been expanding my horizons musically speaking. So while several of my recommendations here will have ties to the punk scene, there are a few curve balls. For instance:

MisterWives- Reflections

That's right kids! It's a dance/funk/idie song. And while it's a little ways outside my wheel house, I love this one. Shout out to our friend Tony for getting us hooked on this band. 

Panic at the Disco!- This Is Gospel

Turns out if you ignore a band for six years or so they can go from underdeveloped emo four-piece to kicky electronic based project with just one artist attached. And while I ponder where the hell the other three members went, this song has me wanting to dance down the sidewalk like a lunatic. 

Gerard Way- Millions

Before you question it, there's nothing wrong with your screen. It's just the weirdest video you'll watch this week. I know that the video is a great representation of his style, but man does it distract from the weird glam-style rock that makes this song (And the album Hesitant Alien) so great. 

The Asteroid Galaxy Tour- Golden Age

This song is as weird as the bands name suggests. It's piano driven, a little jazzy with some well placed horn sections. And the music video is a Heineken commercial, so fair warning there. But the song is infectious and just feels like a good summer party song. 

Gaslight Anthem- Great Expectations

This one is an older song, but man it's just got this perfect classic rock style. This is a song made to be listened to in the car with the windows down. It's been seven years since I got into this band and this song has been a staple in my music library ever since. 

I'm open to more summer music suggestions if anyone has them. Just need some good tunes to power me through the rest of this miserably hot weather. 

Happy listening,
Little C

Comments

Popular Posts