Wonderful Wednesday

Happy Wednesday, Readers! As some of you may have heard, the nerd-sphere got some great news today. In the adaptation of American Gods that Starz is creating, Ian McShane has been cast as Mr. Wednesday. To those who've not read the book, that probably doesn't mean anything. But trust me, that is the best possible casting for that character.

Christy and I love to pretend cast things, but once in a while something comes along that is way better than anything we could have come up with. Actors who just are their characters. I have a few favorites in this category. Like...

Robert Downy Jr. as Tony Stark


Marvel has had some great actors over the last decade, but no one embodied their role quite the way that RDJ does. Sometimes I'm watching an interview with him and I forget for a minute that he's an actor and not a billionaire-playboy-superhero. It's such a perfect match in personalities, that when Robert is done playing Iron Man next year, Marvel needs to just retire the character. No one else is ever gonna be as good. Ryan Reynolds gets a nod for being the best version of Deadpool that could have happened. 

Helen Mirren as Elizabeth I


 Dame Helen is almost universally recognized as one of the best living actresses. So having her play one of the most powerful women in history was destined to be a perfect performance. And Helen really dug in on this one and unleashed a fury onscreen that made a movie that I didn't really love into a movie that I went ahead and bought anyway. 


Zachary Levi as Chuck Bartowski


Who better to play a super-nerd that becomes a spy than a real life super-nerd Zach Levi? He managed to take this little show that was practically cancelled every May for four years and imbue it with so much charm and heart that I think the network kept it around out of fear of the legion of semi-murderous fangirls who were in love with him. Which was fair, as Christy and I can be fairly threatening when a network cancels one of our shows without warning. 


Jessica Alba as Max in Dark Agent


Okay, it's been many moons since this show was on the air, but I'm not over it. I love this show and this was the peak in Jessica Alba's career for me. She was so perfect as the runaway genetically engineer soldier that to this day I have trouble seeing her as anything else. She was just so bad ass... If you'll excuse me. I have to go rewatch Dark Angel. 

Happy #WonderfulWednesday

Little C




Comments

Popular Posts