Movie Crush Monday: Little C and xXx

Happy Monday readers,
CT and I spent the weekend in Vegas with some gal pals. It was amazing but we got up with the sun to make it back ahead of traffic, so we are not prepared to re-assimilate to life today. CT owes you a post (complete with punishment word) but in the mean time, I want to talk about how CT left me with a Vin Diesel movie. Which means I get to follow him to another film. We were discussing my options on the drive back and CT leaned in very close and grabbed my arm and whispered "If you steal The Fast and the Furious from me I will kill you dead." I think she meant it. So instead I'm following our favorite Vin to the movie that kick started our movie love affair:

It must always be typed xXx

We recently rewatched this one and man, I still love it. It has weird flaws and logic jumps but it's just so damn cool that I'm fully willing to overlook surface scratches. Vin Diesel plays Xander Cage, a extreme sports enthusiast slash petty criminal who gets recruited to be a spy by Samuel L. Jackson. Xander is so cool it kinda hurts. He drives too fast in muscle cars and quotes punk lyrics casually. Plus he's covered in tattoos and I credit this character with kicking off a trend in the guys I find attractive. 

I do love a full sleeve...

The plot is generic. Expat russian anarchists, chemical bomb, blah blah blah. The bad guy is played by Marton Csokas who manages to be both charming and sleezy in a way that only a Russian terrorist ever can be. He steals cars and runs shady night clubs and yet until the ending when you see him go full on batshit crazy and laugh while people are dying, I still thought he could be redeemed. I mean, I knew he wasn't going to win or anything but I thought we could end up seeing things from his point of view...

Would you trust this man with your missile codes?

This is another one of those movies, readers. CT and I love them not because they make you think or astound you with how beautiful they are. This movie exists to give you a 90 minute thrill ride, and in that respect xXx is perfect. 

Happy Watching,
Little C

Comments

Popular Posts