Little C: The Umbrella Academy is Shaping Up Great

Guys, I have a super nerdy thing I have been waiting to rant about. If a whole post about a comic book and the TV adaptation is not going to be your thing than you may want to tap out here because from now on I will not contain my inner geek. Also the thing I want to talk about is a very weird sort of nerdy. Even for us.

So Netflix picked up a new series based on The Umbrella Academy. It's my favorite comic book and since Gerard Way refuses to give us the third installment of the series because he's running the weird side of DC, this show may be my only way of getting more of this weird world that I love. But like every time that one of my favs is up for an adaptation, my excitement was immediately tempered with a sense of impending doom. What if they mess it up? The only solution was to stalk the filming and maybe leave a few threatening notes on the showrunner's car...

Except the show films in Toronto so that plan died soon after conception. I am overly enthusiastic but also I am lazy. So the next best option was to set up multiple google alerts so that any scrap of news that was released about this show popped up on my phone. A few months ago they released the core casting. Ellen Paige is playing Vanya the sibling who's convinced there is nothing special about her, Robert Sheehan is playing Klaus who never wears shoes and talks to the dead (I warned you that this was going to get weird) and Tom Hopper, who I have loved since his time in Merlin, is playing the leader of the group Luthor. So far so good. I like all these people. I am so far unfamiliar with David Casteneda and Emmy Raver-Lampman but he was on Jane the Virgin and she was in Hamilton so I'm on board. But then, dear readers, my phone buzzed with the best news I've heard in years.

Mary J. Blige joins "Umbrella Academy" series at Netflix

I LOVE MARY J. BLIGE SO DAMN MUCH THAT I CAN'T HANDLE IT!!!!! Okay. I'm sorry. I will resume a normal amount of capitals. Not only is Ms. Blige joining the cast, she is playing a semi-immortal assassin with a fondness for Girl Scout Cookies named Cha Cha. I know how that sounds (CT said I was making parts of that up) but Cha Cha and her partner Hazel are my favorite characters. I would never in a thousand years have dreamed of asking for this casting but it's here now and I feel like I'm sitting in a beam of light. Thank you, oh God's of Netflix for bestowing this gift upon us.

Now, no pressure but I'm going to need this to come out by my birthday. And I'm going to need a trailer by July. Thanks

Little C

Comments

Popular Posts