CT: Home for the Holidays

Well hello!

By the time you're reading this Caitlin and I will be on the road, heading home to Colorado and Wyoming for Christmas. We're driving (heaven help us both), which can only mean one thing:

I drive a PT Cruiser, so this is pretty much me.
A roadtrip! 

I have a deep, deep love for all things both fast and furious, which is probably because as kids we spent a huge amount of time in the car. The open road in Wyoming and Colorado is a magical thing. Every time I sit in traffic in LA (which is literally every day), I think to myself how much I hate driving. I would give up my car in a heartbeat. But things are different when I'm back home. Driving there is, dare I say fun? 

Just look at that view!
This year I'll be back in Colorado and Wyoming for more than two weeks. Which is a crazy long amount of time. Part of me is a little nervous. I'm a bit of a control freak and it weirds me out to be away from my life for that long. I have a routine and I stick to it because when I don't, I become a crazy artist who couldn't keep a schedule to save her life. 

But another part of me is really, really excited to have two weeks essentially off the grid. It's always soooo good to see my family and I'm looking forward to a few lazy days of playing with my nephews and seeing old friends. And maybe it won't be such a bad thing to let my crazy artist side out for a few days. As Cait and I move into what will hopefully be a really busy time for us as writers, I'm hoping that the break will be just the creative jump-start we need. 

So, over the next two weeks our posts should go up as normal. And since we're both writers (and our family provides an endless amount of material for us), we're pretty likely to write posts about our time home. If you'd prefer a more up-to-the-minute update on our adventures you should head over to Twitter and check us out: twitter.com/908South. We're a good time. 

Happy Holidays everyone!
CT

Comments

Popular Posts