CT: Thermal Dynamics

Hey everyone!

Here's hoping that you all had a wonderful holiday! As we mentioned before, Cait and I are back in Colorado and Wyoming for the holidays and boy oh boy were we not ready for the very real weather conditions in this part of the country.

Midway through the drive (somewhere in Utah at about 3:00am), we had to stop for gas. I didn't even check the temperature guage in my car because I live in LA where the weather almost never drops below "balmy". The temperature at that gas station in Utah was considerably less than balmy. I, in my light hoodie and jeans, immediately turned to Caitlin and said, "Get back in the car. We're going back to California".

Clearly we didn't, because (as Caitlin pointed out) we were already way committed to this journey and our parents would probably kill us if we chickened out of Christmas because of a little cold. So now I'm sitting in my dad's kitchen, really, really wanting to go to Starbucks but not at all willing to step into the two feet of snow it dumped last night.

Actual photo out the window. This is not a drill.


I love being home. I love seeing my family and eating my dad's cooking and making crafts with my mom. I love the whole thing. I just wish the whole thing happened somewhere with reasonable weather. Like Southern California. Or Bali.

It's crazy to me how fast I forgot about the winter in my relatively short time in LA. Well it's not like I forgot that the winter happens, I just forgot what the cold actually feels like. I was legitimately cold, uncomfortably cold, during my last week of work when it dropped all the way to 58 degrees in LA. We pumped the heater in my office. 

Let me tell you something. It turns out that I am a weenie. Because now I'm somewhere where it actually snows, where they have real seasons, where it is a balmy 9 degrees outside right this second. And my dad just looked outside and said without any irony whatsoever, "Oh good, it's warming up". And I am wearing just about every item of clothing I brought with me and drinking the hottest tea I can make. 

Who lives like this????

So we're going to spend the weekend holed up, venturing out just enough so that I can say that I experienced a true Wyoming winter when I get back to the sunshine in LA. 

Cheers!
CT

Comments

Popular Posts