CT: Dream Casting "Good Omens"

Hello Internet Friends!

On of my favorite games to play with my mom and sisters is Dream Casting. We take a book that we've read and cast the movie version. I credit this game to my initial interest in film as a career. I was a huge reader as a kid, and I was always thinking about the movie version of anything I was reading.

I've kept playing this game as an adult, and it was a favorite with the girls I lived with while I was studying abroad. One of them put out a request for a Dream Casting blog post, and here we are (thanks Erika!!). I have been super excited to write this, to be honest with you all.

One of Caitlin and I's favorite books of all time is Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman's Good Omens. This book is hysterical and scary and exciting- all the things that a good fantasy novel should be. And who could expect anything less from writers like that working together?? Good Omens is about the oncoming apocalypse and an angel and demon who decide to keep it from happening.

So without further ado...

Aziraphale - Benedict Cumberbatch

Aziraphale is an angel who original guarded the East Gate of Eden. He's been living on Earth ever since, and has become friends with the demon Crowley. Aziraphale is nerdy and hysterical, one of my favorite characters of all time. And although Cumberbatch gets a lot of opportunity to play the nerd, I don't think he gets to be funny nearly enough of the time.

Crowley - Tom Hiddleston

Crowley is the demon that originally tempted Eve, and he is still in charge of making mischief on Earth. He's all sunglasses and fast cars and coolness, and man oh man do I think Tom Hiddleston is perfect for that. Plus, watching he and Cumberbatch play off each other sounds kind of like my favorite thing ever.

Adam - Thomas Sangster

Okay, so this one is cheating a little bit. Adam is an eleven year old, totally normal boy who lives in Oxfordshire... except that he's also the Antichrist. Due to an unfortunate baby switch in the hospital, he's gone home with normal parents and thinks he's an average kid. Thomas Sangster is way too old for Adam now, but he would have been perfect at the right age.

Anathema Device - Ruth Negga

Anathema is a young witch who's descended from a powerful prophet that foretold the arrival of the antichrist and the events that would lead up to the apocalypse. Anathema is odd, but sensible, and super self sufficient. Ruth Negga is an amazing Irish actress who I'm currently more than obsessed with.

Newton Pulcifer - Harry Lloyd

Newton is the last of a group called the Witchfinder Army. He's almost hysterically incapable, but with the best of intentions. Like with Cumberbatch, Harry Lloyd is an incredible actor who doesn't often get the chance to be as funny as he's capable of.

There are a whole host of incredible other characters, but this is really the core group. If you haven't read Good Omens, do it. Like yesterday. And maybe I'll do more of these? Let me know if they're fun or not.

Peace!
CT

Comments

Popular Posts