Movie Crush Mondayish- Little C and Court Jester

Hello readers,
May I just say before I get on with the post, how lovely you're looking today. No really did you do something with your hair? Or your general facial area? No? Well you have a glow, my friend.

Ok I messed up. I completely forgot about my Monday post. I have no excuse. But I'd like to take this time to remind you of that one time that you messed up and I never even mentioned it again. Or potentially of that time in the future. Whichever applies.

CT was so ashamed she could barely look at me. Mostly because I didn't realize that I missed my post day until she was almost asleep and she refused to open her eyes to be mad at me. Really it's the best state to give her bad news in.

To attempt to make up for my egregious error (but really it's something of a miracle that we got three months in before I screwed the proverbial pooch and I know I'm pretty impressed) I'm going to share one of my favorite movies of all time. A perfect film. A classic that stands the test of time. The Court Jester.

Bask, peasants. 

I credit my step father for introducing me to this one. He promised me I would think it was funny. No really that was his whole pitch. It's like introducing the grand canyon by saying "Well, it's a famous hole..." I mean he was right, it's freakin hysterical but still... Way to undersell it. Those who've seen other Danny Kaye films will be familiar with his charm. He once made a film with a barely coherent plot and a whole musical number about "snow" (Read:cocaine) not only watchable, but a treasured Christmas classic. 

Never forgive, never forget

This movie is roughly about a would be Robin Hood type who's a little too incompetent to really help with the underground movement. He gets his big chance to help when he gets sent to pretend to be the new jester at the palace and well... Hijinks insue. Hijinks and musical numbers. And an entire scene of the film built around a tongue twister which sounds unbearable but is actually the best five minutes of any film ever in the history of ever. 

The pellet with the poison is in the vessel with the pestle... 
Say it three times fast

So please this year when you gather round the nog, forgo the incomprehensible Bing Crosby atrocity, and the nightmare inducing claymation. Put this on instead. You won't regret it. 

Happy watching,
Little C




Comments

Popular Posts