Little C: I Think It's Marvel-ous

Hello Readers,
Feels like I just talked to you, doesn't it? Funny how that works out. When I was planning my post for this week I was a little torn on what I wanted to talk about. And then we all sat down this weekend and rewatched Thor 2: Loki's Movie. And it became clear.

Like any good nerdy household, we are on board with the Marvel Universe game. It's a massive feat of geeky world building (Spanning film, tv, shorts, and comics) which till now maybe wasn't possible and definitely wasn't seen. CT has already gone into detail about why we love Agent Carter, and everyone who had a pulse in 2011 saw The Avengers. Today I want to look ahead at some of what Marvel is cooking up for the next few years.

Daredevil and Jessica Jones (Netflix)

While some of you only know Daredevil from the frankly mediocre Ben Affleck movie (And let us never again acknowledge that Elektra even happened) I have high hopes for the Netflix miniseries based on the blind superhero that is dropping at some point this year. But more importantly, they're making a Jessica Jones series. She's a relatively new hero in the Marvel-verse, but she kicks major ass and I love her. That show also hits the net in 2015, so keep an eye out for it. I will maybe do a review of the whole series, depending of course on how put together I am that week.

Doctor Strange (Movie)

All we know so far about this film is that it starts shooting in May of this year and it stars the high-cheekboned nerd king himself, Benedict Cumberbatch. They've also announced that they are trying to cast Chiwetel Ejiofor in a role. That, frankly is all the information I need to be on my knees crying "Amen" to the heavens because before Sherlock signed on they were in serious talks with Joaquin Phoenix.

Spiderman Bitches! (Just movies for now)
It was announced a few weeks ago that Sony and Marvel had come to an agreement. I like to think Sony called Kevin Feige in tears saying "We... we can't fix it... We don't know how to make these movies good anymore!" And Kevin took time out from gleefully reading the fan backlash to every announcement that DC has made this year and gently said "I know. Superhero movies are hard. Do you... Do you maybe want a little help?" And thus Spiderman was welcomed back into the Marvel world where he belongs. His stand alone movies will still be Sony (Quality not guaranteed) but the character will also pop up in various parts of the Marvel-verse basically whenever they need him.

There's some amazing work being done in the Marvel world, and I promise you we will be posting about it more. But for now I leave you with the next big thing to be excited about. Avengers: Age of Ultron


Happy watching,
Little C



Comments

Popular Posts