CT: Five Things We Brought To Wondercon

Well hey there! 

So as you probably know (because Cait and I are physically incapable of shutting up about it), this weekend is Wondercon!!! This was probably our favorite event we went to last year, and the last few weeks have felt like waiting for Christmas morning to come. 

Cait or I (or both of us if we're honest) will do a rundown of the actual event in the next week or so, but I thought for today's post I'd let you in on Five Things We Brought To Wondercon

1) Comfy Shoes
This is an essential. Let me tell you a story about the year I thought I'd be super stylish and wear heels to Comic Con... Okay I won't actually tell the story because it's very long and not particularly flattering. Let's just suffice it to say that it ended with me eating dirt on a sidewalk in San Diego and spending the rest of the night picking gravel out of my knee. 
Going to a Con of any sort means a lot of walking and even more standing around. Luckily, I'm a runner type person now so I have the lowdown on the comfiest shoes. And they have already come in handy this weekend. 

2) A Bold Lip 
Confession time. I am a total makeup addict. And while Wondercon is definitely not the weekend for a ton of makeup, I do love a bold lip. For one, it's a really easy way to look classy. And tonight we're going straight from the Con to a meetup run by one of our favorite comic writers. And a little bright lipstick will do wonders for making you look like you didn't spend the day crammed into an expo hall filled with 17,000 other nerds. My current favorite is the Sephora Creamy Lipstain in Strawberry Kissed.  

Also, I feel like a good bold lip makes me feels a thousand percent more confident. And for a weekend that's about networking, I'll take all the confidence I can get. Which brings me to...

3) Business Cards
We got business cards! Honestly, I am in love with them. Caitlin's friend Lili designed a logo for us (Thanks Lili!!) and it is beautiful and everything we've ever wanted (except to have an airship to play on). We want this weekend to be an opportunity for us to network with other writers and artists, and these feel like the best tool we can have to help with that. 

4) Notebooks
Our other other favorite thing about Wondercon is the panels. We got so much good info and inspiration from the panels last year. So of course an essential for us is a good notebook and pen. Yesterday alone I filled up about 5 pages from the amazing panels and speakers we saw. 

And I don't like to brag, but I like to think I brought the best possible notebook this year. 

5) Nerd Shirts 
A lot of people cosplay at Wondercon and man oh man are they impressive. I have so much respect for anyone who can walk around all day in a skintight catsuit or carrying a gigantic prop. But shoot does that look like a lot of work. 

Cait and I want to represent or fandoms, and want to show our pride in all the nerdy stuff we love, but we also really really like being comfortable. The best way we know to do that is to choose our outfits from the vast number of nerd shirts we own. 


I can tell you already that this year is no disappointment for us. We're having a blast and making connections that will hopefully lead to all kinds of amazing art for us to create. Can't wait to tell you all about it! 

Much peace, 
CT

Comments

Popular Posts