Little C: I'm An Old Soul (According to Buzzfeed)

Hello readers,

I'm feeling a little picked on by the universe. And my roommates. And my best friend. And a little bit the people I work with if I'm being honest. You see, I turned 25 last year and started to notice my age for the first time ever. Mostly because people started feeling the despicable need to point it out to me. And not in years. No no! People started using the phrase "Quarter-century" even after I threatened to open hand slap the next person who said it in my presence. Which only encouraged the little bastards I'm afraid.

The "HB" stands for Happy Birthday. Thanks Lex


So for the last few months I've been trying to ignore the subtle (And not so subtle) hint that life keeps chucking in my face. I've ignored the fact that every band I loved in high school has done a "nostalgia tour", I've brushed past that I'm in the weird acne+wrinkles phase of having skin, I've done what I can to have my shit together. And then, as it always seems to do these days, Buzzfeed ruined everything.

Smug bastards...


The new trend in Buzzfeed quizzes has been the "Can we guess your age by your taste in..." and it is ruining my life. All my friends on Facebook took them and were laughing about how accurate they were. So I thought "What the hell. I have a few minutes to waste"


not quite....

No!

Nooooooooooooo....

That's right, readers. It just kept getting worse. And I tried retaking them and cheating! But perhaps because of my aversion to all things One Direction and Twilight I was unable to lower the guess by much. 

The thing is, I really like this time in my life. So far, it's been my favorite. Sure, I'm poor as Hell and living in a city that can be a real bitch to survive in. But for the first time EVER I really feel like I know who I am and I am living in a way that I'm happy with. That's not to say I'm no desperately trying to make changes and progress in my life. But for now, I have a good set up, and every year that passes, even if it's a shitty year, takes me steadily further from high school. Which is all I can ask of time.

So I'm pushing past all these little hints that the universe (And sometimes my roommate, Lex) are dropping. I'm embracing the fact that even if I feel a little older, I have all the really good parts of life ahead of me. And I'm making plans for Lexi's next birthday. I'm thinking it can be funeral themed...

Stay young,
Little C

PS This weekend is Wonder Con, so CT will be posting from the hotel after a full day of panels and crowded convention floors. Be forgiving weird spelling errors. 


Comments

Popular Posts