Movie Crush Monday: CT & Three Amigos!

Oh, our dear readers, it's Monday again. You probably have a long week ahead of you, or maybe you have a long week behind you now. There are going to be meetings and phone calls and emails that you can barely look at, let alone answer. Weeks are hard, friends. 

And that's why I have a very special Movie Crush Monday for you today. A movie that taught me what the word "plethora" means. A movie that caused my dad to insist on being referred to as "El Guapo". A movie that every single one of my sisters (and now my nephews because my sisters are great moms) can quote verbatim... And quote it we do. 



That's right, friends. Three Amigos! (how the heck do you make the upside down exclamation point on here??!? My inner grammar nerd is freaking out right now) is one of the best comedy movies in history, and it's not really any surprise why. Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, Martin Short, and the thing was co-written by Lorne Michaels. So it turns out that when you get some of the best comedians and comic writers in the whole freaking world working on one project, you get a movie that is a little bit silly, a little bit ridiculous, and a whole lot of brilliant. 


We made it Family Law many moons ago that any of us have to be able to quote this scene on command. The whole scene.

In case you've never seen it (an injustice that you need to rectify immediately to become a full human being), Three Amigos! is about three actors who think that they're going to Mexico to star in a Western, but they've actually been recruited to fight actual bandits. The story only gets wilder from there, but in the best possible way. And watching those three play off of each other is a treat. 


I'll be honest, usually comedies aren't my thing. I'm like a grumpy old man and I never think they're funny. But I've seen this movie 15,000 times (that's the scientific calculation) and I cry laughing every time. 

And it straight warms this nerd's heart to see her two youngest nephews give the Amigos Salute. 



Happy Watching!
CT

Comments

Popular Posts