Movie Crush Monday: Little C and Clue

The day has come, readers. In this new game of movie crush I have to write about a movie that connects to Fern Gully, and it took me less than a second of reading down the cast and crew list before I sighed a deep contented sigh. Because Tim Curry lent his voice to that movie, and that means I get to tell you all about my favorite film in the whole widest world (Based on a Board Game Category). That's right, it's the one, the only:

Clue (1985)

Like all good cult classics this movie didn't do well in it's initial release. Because movie audiences in 1985 were somehow incapable of seeing the pure comedic brilliance on full display before them. Every single person in this film was perfect. They ad-libbed lines, they added physical comedy that wasn't in the script, THEY ACTIVELY TRIED TO STEAL SCENES FROM EACH OTHER!!! 



I have been known, on occasion, to take my DVD of this film to the various theaters I've worked at and throw it up on the big screen. And then the few of us who are still awake after midnight sit around and quote over the movie with it. It's a good bonding experience and moral builder, plus it gives you a chance to weed out the people who say "No, I don't like that movie" from your life forever. 


Regular readers will know how much Christy and I love some good dark humor. This film racks up a body count of half the cast, but refuses to let you take any of the death seriously. The characters are so busy trying to solve the first murder that at one point they find two more people have been murdered, and they all just shrug and shuffle away. It's one of a hundred perfectly timed and executed jokes. 


I urge you to track down a copy of this movie. I will also advise that you put on the version that plays all three endings. Because Communism is just a red herring! 

Happy watching,
Little C





Comments

Popular Posts