Little C: Coming Soon to a TV Near You

Hey readers,
They've released the previews for almost every new show that will premier this fall, and for the most part (And yes this is me being cynical) I'm underwhelmed. I've been pretty heavy into following pilot season the last few years and I'm seeing so many shows in this pilot season that will either crash and burn almost right out of the gate, or be just terrible enough to get 7 seasons. But there are exceptions. The Bastard Executioner, of course, but I wanted to talk about a few other shows that have me looking forward to the next few months.

Lucifer
Okay, so when this was announced I threw myself dramatically on the floor and cried because I feared that Network TV was about to absolutely ruin another one of my comic books. In fairness they released the casting, and well...
He doesn't exactly look like the comic book...

But I got a screener of the pilot, and it turns out that apart from the initial premise (Lucifer abandons Hell and moves to LA to open a bar) they've completely ignored the comic. They're really almost nothing alike. Which works in a way because I can treat it like it's a totally separate thing in my head and enjoy the charm and chemistry of the two leads. Plus my roomie Lex loved the pilot so much that our household is guaranteed to catch the entire season when it premieres in January. 

The Muppets
CT and I were raised on the Muppets and their delightful brand of self aware humor. So you better believe that I will be keeping up with their new show on ABC. And because I feel a deep spiritual connection with Gonzo...



AKA Jessica Jones
I've already talked about how excited I am for this show, and that was BEFORE they cast David Tennant as the villain. Now I'm thinking about taking a day off work when this is released so I can enjoy all the episodes in one sitting as the gods of Netflix intended. Just kidding if my boss is reading this, I would never do such a thing...

So I will add these three to my roster of shows, along with the late show with Colbert (I still really miss Jon Stewart and I need someone to make me laugh about the ridiculousness of the world). Which means I will be fairly busy this fall, not with friends and social engagements. With television shows.

It's as it should be,
Little C

Comments

Popular Posts