Little C: Take Two Comic Books and Call Me in the Morning

Happy Wednesday readers,

This is your last reminder, Jessica Jones starts in 9 days. I will expect a full report on the majesty that is David Tennant by the end of the 21st. In truth I'm relying on TV more and more for my escapism as we head into the Holidays since the movies that are coming out are either super-serious-don't-we-deserve-all-the-awards movies or Star Wars. Don't get me wrong, I will be seeing Star Wars just like every other American. Just not opening weekend because (And I mean this deeply) my least favorite thing about Star Wars is the Heavy Duty Star Wars fans. I'd rather watch the movie and be able to judge it myself without some nerd throwing themselves in rage at the screen because the continuity of the world is off. Simmer down nerds. You have a report to write.

May I suggest you start with his hair?


It won't shock most of you who know me to hear that the last few months have been a little stressful. there's been some change ups going on at work and a lot of family issues to work through. I can always tell when the stress is really starting to get to me because my caffeine consumption triples in an attempt to make up for the sleep that I'm not getting. If my coffee cup grew with my stress I would currently have something about the size of a small kiddie pool.

This will be both a wonderful and a terrible day...

The problem is that I want to fight all the things that stress me out with solutions. I'm most satisfied when problems can be fixed somehow, which at present is not the case. So I feel like I run around attempting solutions that won't come and by the end of the day I'm exhausted. So I've been indulging in escapism more than usual. Basically I'm diving into anything that has only the slightest teather to reality. Give me a good book set in an alternate reality or a space drama TV show and I can power through the worst of weeks. 



There's a simple reason behind this. If I can see someone stop a meteor from destroying a planet or read about someone battling literal demons, then I'm getting the release that is lacking in my life that's currently full of non-fixable problems. Can I fix the problems at my theater? No, but I can watch Barry Allen can run his way through a dozen bad guys. Can I fix my crazy cat and her determination to throw up hairballs on everything I love? Nope, but I was there when the Umbrella Academy rewrote history in Dallas and stopped the world from blowing up. Fiction is meant to be an escape, and a release. And while I understand that long term, self medicating with fiction isn't going to actually solve my real world problems, I'm hoping it can do what it has always done. Keep me sane until I'm able to fix them myself. 

Happy reading/watching/listening
Little C



Comments

Popular Posts