Little C: Fall Playlist

Readers, do you feel that? Fall is in the air. Not in LA of course where the air is a million degrees and filled with ash from the fire on the other side of the valley. But fall COULD be in the air if this stupid city would follow some damn climatic conventions. But this will not stop me from transitioning my upbeat pop-punk summer catalog to the slightly more mellow feel of fall... Ok kind of it will as my fall playlist is a weird mix of acoustic-punk and indy rock. It's a little disjointed but I'm leaning in to it.

1) Konstantine- Something Corporate
This song is a commitment. It's 9 and a half minutes long and it was one of the first times Something Corporate showed off Andrew McMahon's real genius in writing layered songs. Not that I don't love If U C Jordan but... he's capable of more.

Best Lyric: "And you don't want to be here in the future so you say that the present's just a pleasant interruption to the past."

2) Banks- Loncoln
This is one that I discovered and and immediately put on repeat until I had it memorized. It's rough around the edges in the same way that The Front Bottoms are. And since my obsession with them lost steam when I blasted through their back catalog in a few weeks. My summer music flings hit hard.

Best Lyrics: "Save it for a rainy day and maybe you'll see. I'm like the earth old man, there's no getting around me."


3) Cedar Wesley- Fences
This is more along my normal fall style. It's sweet and acoustic, and curses in a delightful way. 

Best Lyrics: "Settled in the tempo of something when young I often wrote. Your song now sings for two, through all of the ones that I have showed you." 

4)I'm Not The Man- Ben Folds 
I find myself sort of bouncing through Ben Folds music picking up a song here and there but never really settling into an album. This makes no sense since I checked and I really like everything on So There but at this point it's just the relationship that Ben and I have. 

Best Lyrics: "So it all comes out in the wash, what would you see? Tattered pages in the ink stained pockets of your jeans"



5) Normal- Homeless Gospel Choir
This song sounded so much Like Frank Turner that I double checked to make sure he didn't slyly co-write it. That's as high a compliment as I can bestow on a song. 

Best Lyrics: "I found my escape in that Green Day tape. When the songs would end we'd just rewind them. Kids with purple hair were all out there somewhere and I would be goddamned if I didn't find them."

There are other songs on there, but I wanted to give y'all some highlights. 
Happy Listening,
Little C

Comments

Popular Posts