School Spirits

Hey guys, we're not doing our normal posts this week. Instead we want to talk about something really cool. A while back we got the opportunity to write a pilot on spec for a pair of producers. Basically this means that they came up with an idea and we turned the idea into a TV pilot script. And then after a while we got brought back in to turn that pilot into a movie. And now that Movie (yes unnecessary capitalization. Deal with it)  is coming out next week. This has been a big, long process- the credit for which rightfully goes mostly to the awesome production team who have done 99.99% of the work.

Let's tell you a little story about finding out that we were getting to attend the premier for our first film.

Caitlin: I had closed at the movie theater on Sunday night so when my phone beeped with an email update on Monday morning I didn't even hear it. But ten minutes later CT appeared at the door to my room, crying and saying "Can you be awake right now?!"

CT: I got the email while I was eating breakfast, telling us that the premiere was on and where and when and all the details, and I was 100% planning on being super cool and professional about the whole thing, but the second I opened my mouth to talk to Cait, all of my Great Big Feelings came out and the next thing I knew I was literally in a ball on the floor outside her bedroom.

Caitlin: My immediate thought was "Someone died." And I'm sort of a proto-human before I've had my coffee so when I finally got to what was actually happening I knew that at some point I was going to have a lot of feelings about it...

CT: The problem is that I was having all the feelings in the world before Cait was capable of handling all those feelings so basically I cried and ranted about dreams coming true and what were we even going to wear and doing my very best Kristen Bell meets the sloth impression. So Cait just patted me and made soothing noises and went to get my inhaler until I was calm enough to just be regular excited and not full blown meltdown excited.

 Caitlin: It's my karma for all the times I've had meltdowns on her. Mostly we are so excited that everyone is finally going to see this movie. The trailer came out last week and it looks awesome. But also there are a lot of Big Emotions attached to seeing our names on a movie screen for the first time.

CT: We have respect for Big Emotions. Mostly we bar our windows and put lines of salt at the doorways to keep them out, but when they make their way in we find that it's best to just let them hit us full force. Fighting them makes the whole situation last even longer.

Caitlin: The day the trailer came out was my Big Emotions meltdown. We watched it together in the morning before I went to work. And then I rewatched it at work and burst into tears. It's just so cool to hear people saying lines that came out of your head but also it's really weird every time.

CT: Now that I've had ample time to make a zillion lists and cross check every single bit of information (not that I'm a control freak or anything), we're SO ready for this premiere. We're ready to see the cast  and crew again, we're ready to show off the project to our family and friends, the whole shebang. And I've only spent a small amount of time in the last week on the floor outside Cait's room. A totally reasonable amount of time.

Total self promotion time. School Spirits comes out on Itunes/Amazon/Google Play this Friday. It's a funny/scary movie about three girls who hunt ghosts in their town. It had amazing people involved both in front of and behind the camera and we're just so happy to be sending this out into the world.  Stand by for a totally separate Big Emotions meltdown on Friday.

Comments

Popular Posts