CT: The Exorcist Season 2

Readers, fall TV is in full swing and there are suddenly SO MANY THINGS to watch and talk about and stay on top of. It might just be me, but the returning fall shows I've been catching up on are in great form this year. And that includes...

Image from IMDb
I really loved the first season of The Exorcist, although I was SUPER skeptical beforehand. To be honest, I didn't think that the concept could be sustained through one season, let alone multiple. However, the show really surprised me. I thought that tying the first season back to the movie was a brilliant idea, and really well executed. The first season was scary, and fun, and compelling in a way I haven't really had in a horror TV show in a while.

As much as I liked the first season, I thought they wrapped up the story well enough that I was not looking forward to the second. I saw how easily the concept could get tired, how difficult it would be to keep it scary and interesting. So I'm here today to tell you how wrong I was.

Image from IMDb
It really started when they announced John Cho for the second season. I would honest to goodness watch John Cho read the phone book, because he would do it with passion and genuine feeling and you would probably cry at the end. He's playing a foster father here, with a home full of kids and teens that he's doing his best to take care of. Cho is one of those actors that is going to bring his full arsenal to anything he does, but it's so nice to see a show that's letting him use all of it. The rest of the ensemble this season is just as good. If you're going to center your horror show around a house full of foster kids, you need some incredibly talented young actors. It's great to see Brianna Hildebrand again (she was Negasonic Teenage Warhead in Deadpool), and Alex Barima and Hunter Dillon are both great. I can't wait to see what they all do when things go really bonkers later in the season.

Image from IMDb
Ben Daniels and Alfonso Herrera return this season, and they're just as great of a pair as they were in the first season. The combination of the way the characters are written and the way these two actors bring them to life. They play off each other in a super interesting way, which is great if they're going to be the crux of the show.

Image from IMDb
All things considered, I'm pretty sure I'm going to like the second season of The Exorcist even better than the first. It's scary as hell, but filled with people you actually want to root for. Thank. Goodness.

Happy Watching!
CT


Comments

Popular Posts