CT: An Ode To Tina Fey

Alright, alright, alright. So now I'm a day late with my post too. Caitlin and I were at a friend's birthday party last night when she turned to me and said, "Wait, did you post your blog?" I stared at her blankly for the amount of time it took me to figure out that yes, it WAS Saturday, and no, I hadn't posted my blog. So sorry, dear readers. It was, as they say, one of those weeks.

So instead let's turn our minds to something a little more pleasant, like the wonder that is Tina Fey.
Preach, lady.
Like any young TV writer, I'd pretty much give my left arm for Tina Fey to adopt me. She is no-nonsense, hysterical, and an incredible writer. She and Amy Poehler give me life.
And all the sisters said AMEN!

Her new show, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, just premiered on Netflix and it is everything that we all wanted. Funny and empowering and brave. Kimmy is a character that could easily become irritating but between the writing and Ellie Kemper's performance, she stays charming and likeable.

In her amazing book, Bossypants, Tina hands out ALLL kinds of wisdom about being a woman in the entertainment industry. A few of my favorites:

“This is what I tell young women who ask me for career advice. People are going to try to trick you. To make you feel that you are in competition with one another. "You're up for a promotion. If they go for a woman, it'll be between you and Barbara." Don't be fooled. You're not in competition with other women. You're in competition with everyone.” 

“Do your thing and don't care if they like it.” 

“You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.” 

So I'll be inhaling the rest of the first season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, because it's just so, so good.  It's the perfect watch for a day when you think you might have caught that headcold after all and you just want to lay on the couch and die.... Or you know, other kinds of days...

Much Peace,
CT


Comments

Popular Posts