CT: Yaaaay Sports!

Hello friends! 

So I write to you today from sunny Las Vegas, where I'm watching the Men's Finals of the Mountain West Basketball Tournament. 

Now, historically I'm not the world's biggest basketball fan. I like my sports to be a little more... uh... Well I'm struggling to find a better word for "violent". Maybe "full contact"? Basically football. I like football. 

However, I've made the trip out to Vegas for this tournament every March for years. The easy reason is that my dad travels with the team so it's always a fun weekend with my parents. But also, even though I went to a different school, the University of Wyoming is in my blood. My grandpa taught there. My dad's the team physician. I've known all the words to the fight song for as long as I can remember. 

(And if you don't know the Wyoming fight song, do yourself a favor and Google it. It's pretty damn amusing. And touching. It's a heartwarming story of a cowboy and his horse, a rootin' tootin' as they go.) 

So all of that pretty much cancels out the fact that my preferred state of watching basketball is "napping". And my preferred state of being in Vegas is "not being in Vegas at all". 

So let's just suspend all our preferences for a few hours. And do a little cheering and screaming and getting rowdy with the ridiculous number of Cowboy fans that made the drive to Vegas this weekend. 

Go Pokes! 
CT 

Comments

Popular Posts