Little C: A Few Updates

Hey readers!
I wanted to take today to update you on a few things that we have going on in our lives.

So Christy and I applied to the HBO Access competition for diversity in writers. Well, more accurately, CT applied before I got up. I don't like mornings. But successful application was a feat on par with one of the Herculean Labors. The site crashed and glitched and was quickly overwhelmed with writers who are trying to get their voices heard. As frustrating as it was, I feel a little proud of how many people from different backgrounds are really pushing to make it as writers. I can only feel sympathy for the people who didn't get in because they don't have Christy on their team. I know I would be screwed without her.

She's been stuck with me through many an awkward phase in my life... The cow dress stage was rough

We've got several more competitions coming up this spring/summer, and rationally I know we won't win most of them. That will not stop either of us from spiraling into a deep and twisty depression when we're not picked. Christy mentioned our over competitive nature already, yes? So bare with us if there are a few posts in the coming days that read like a goth teenagers diary written while listening to Black Veil Brides on repeat. I promise that we will bounce back just as soon as we win at something else. 

Accurate.

We've also got WonderCon coming up this year. We went last year and it was life changing. We walked away with a notebook full of notes from writing panels, and more art than we have wall space for. So naturally we are going back to attend more panels and purchase more art we don't have room for. But my god, it's so pretty. 

We've also got at least a short trip home this spring when our nephew Huntor graduates. It's a little bittersweet for us. We've watched this kid grow up from a tiny little thing that screamed whenever his mother left the room to this obnoxiously tall guy who screams whenever his mother leaves the room. 
Sorry ladies, he's taken...

So it should be a busy spring, but I promise we will stay caught up on our blog posts. Or we will try our best anyway. Let's be realistic about the younger 1/2 of us and how much she has her shit together...

Peace,
Little C



Comments

Popular Posts