Little C: I Tried to Take My Cat For A Walk...



...Not just my cat. CT's cat, Ron Weasley was forced on this outing as well.
Let me back up and explain a little. We had to have the exterminators at our place two weeks ago, as everyone in Southern California is forced to do at some point. This on it's own was not a problem. The issue comes with what to do with the furry monsters that we allow to run our lives.  I've got a 5 year old ball of disdain named Roxy (After Roxy Epoxy, not the character from Chicago) and CT has a little ginger named Ron Weasley.
They very much adopted the personalities of their namesakes

The plan was to take these two to a boarding place for the afternoon so they were out of the way. It was a good plan. It should have worked.

So I took my cat to the vet that morning to get her booster shot and get a general check up. I saw a new vet who... I think he meant well. He told me a needed to start brushing my cats teeth. When I was unable to stop myself from laughing openly at the idea of forcing a toothbrush into my cat's mouth he told me "You just need to keep a positive cat-atude about it." This was the moment that I knew I needed to find a new vet. I can't take a grown adult who uses words like cat-atude seriously. But at least the vet visit was done and the rest of the day could go smoothly.

Nope. The place we were going to take the cats needed Ron to have another shot and Roxy to have had her shots three days before boarding. A setback, but we had a plan B. Which fell through as well. And this, dear readers, is how I came to be pushing a shopping cart with two crate bound and angry cats around a Petco at 2pm on a Thursday, panic whispering to CT over the phone.
"What the Hell am I going to do with the cats for 4 hours?" I squeaked over the low growl coming from Roxy's crate.

"Okay. Just think. There has to be somewhere you can take them..." Christy said. And then she paused. For a long time. Because there isn't really anywhere you can take cats. And then as I casually (read: desperately) walked down another aisle I saw our salvation. I told Christy that I found cat leashes and I was going to take them both for a walk.

"Pictures, or it didn't happen." Christy's supportive like that.
After purchasing the leashes (and a bottle of Whiskey from the next door Bevmo for courage/antiseptic) I took the cats back to our neighborhood and promptly failed at walking them. So here they are. The pictures of me attempting what no human should ever attempt.
They don't actually like each other, they just needed to bond over their shared trauma


Comments

Popular Posts