CT: Devil With The Yellow Eyes

Buckle up, boys and girls, because we have a full on, "CT Gushes About A Show" post coming your way. Aren't those your favorite? They're my favorite fo sho.

I told you all last week that I've felt myself go full-blown fangirl about a few shows lately, and the biggest of those is the new FX show Legion.
Source
Confession time- I've never read much of the Legion comics, so I don't have much nerd cred to go off of here. So I can't tell you if they're staying true to character, or if they're working in the canon of the comics, or what. But I can tell you that I absolutely do not care.

This show is amazing. The pilot is one of the most incredibly written pieces of television I've ever seen. Because you're working in a world where the main character is never sure exactly what's real and what's going on in his head, Noah Hawley has taken the opportunity to bend reality in a way that only film or TV can really accomplish. The writing is brilliant and confusing and we're only a few episodes in now but I cannot get enough of it. It's one of the most unique things I've ever seen on TV, hands down.
Source

The other thing that I can't shut up about here is the cinematography. The whole show exists in these bright, neon shades and it's so gorgeous that I don't even know what to say. Trying to pick images for this post was super difficult because you could still-frame any moment from this show and blow it up to poster size and I would hang it in my home forever. Because DANG.
Source

Last bit of probably ridiculous praise goes to the actors. I love Dan Stevens to the end of the world anyways (Cousin Matthew 4 LYFE), but he's in especially good form here. Funny and tragic and absolutely captivating onscreen. Then they surrounded him by incredible actors, from Hamish Linklater to Aubrey Plaza to Jean Smart to Rachel Keller, who I've never seen in anything before but she's awesome.
Source

If you're not watching this show, for the love of Goodness WHY?? I literally find myself salivating when I know I have a new episode every week. It's that good.

Happy Watching!
CT

Comments

Popular Posts