CT: You Can Fly, You Can Fly!

Hey there readers!

By the time you're reading this, it's Friday so congrats! You survived the week! 

However, I'm writing this on Wednesday night/Thursday morning because as Little C mentioned, we're going to Disneyland on Friday and Saturday! And as a responsible blogger I've prepped my weekly post, so as not to get a punishment word from Little. 

Since we're making the pilgrimage to the House of Mouse this week, I wanted to tell you all about what I think is my favorite part of the park. We've been going to Disneyland for as long as I can remember and I love so many bits of it (I can sing every word to the Tikki Room Song y'all), but nothing is quite as magical as the Peter Pan ride. 

I thought about trying to find images of the inside of the ride, but I don't think I can do it. A picture wouldn't really capture the way Peter Pan looks, and it might ruin a bit of the magic for you. You ride this ride in a pirate ship, pulled from above so you feel like its flying. You cruise above London, Neverland Island, the Lagoon- all the memorable images from Peter Pan. 

And for an all-too-brief moment, you move through a room filled with stars. They're all around you, above and below. I would get in line over and over and over again just to live that for a few extra minutes. 

It's no secret that Little C and I are into steampunk in a real way, and I can't help but think this is where it all started. Flying around in a pirate ship, surrounded by a field of stars. I'm not even in Anaheim yet and I can already feel it pulling at me. And by the time you're all reading this, it's pretty safe to assume that I've ridden on that ship at least once now. 

And I am one happy CT. 

Have a great weekend! We'll be back with you tomorrow for our weekly round up!
CT

Comments

Popular Posts