Little C: The Future (Of TV) is Female

Happy International Women's Day everyone! As today is the day to bask in the glory of the ladies I thought I would talk about how some of the best characters from our favorite TV shows are girls. It's been a banner year for female characters, especially within genre TV shows. So I wanted to do an ode to some of our favorite ladies of sci-fi television. Just so we're not so long that I'm late on my post I'm only gonna deal in TV shows that are currently on the air.

Name: Eleven
As Seen On: Stranger Things

Oh man. We fell hard for this show and a big part of the magic was little Eleven and her Eggo thieving ways. She's such a wonderfully weird and damaged character that we want to protect her even during the scenes that she's killing people with her brain. We can't wait for season 2 so we can figure out more about exactly who this kid is and what she's capable of. 

Name: Dutch
As Seen On:Killjoys

Say it with me people: Space mercenaries. This show is essentially everything I've always wanted a show to be. I suspect that the creator has been spying on me for years, and I would be upset but she are giving me everything I have ever wanted but been afraid to ask for. So, by all means Michelle Lovretta. Keep going. I need about five more years of Dutch and her fabulous jackets shooting her way across the galaxy.


Name: Jessica Jones
As Seen On: Jessica Jones, The Defenders

Man, I knew the minute that Netflix announced the Jessica Jones show that if they were able to pull it off, this was going to be one of my favorite people to grace my screen. I was not wrong, and I can't believe I have to wait another two years for another solo season. Only her impending adventures in the Defenders series that is set to come out this year has stopped me from writing angry letters to Marvel. That and CT frowns on that kind of confrontational activity...

Name: Mia/Anita
As Seen On: Humans

Told you about this show a while back. Season 2 was just as mesmerizing as season 1 and oh man do I have a huge character crush on the android with the real feelings Mia. I get a huge case of writer envy watching this show because I wish I made this world. But almost more than that I wish I made this character. She's warm and emotional and complex all while never not feeling like she is somehow a machine. It's a credit to both the writing and the amazing performance of Gemma Chan. 

Okay, I gotta get some sleep. Hope you all took the day to appreciate some of the real ladies in your life today. 

Happy watching,
Little C

Comments

Popular Posts