CT: Slightly Less Wise

So readers, a little story time here. Tuesday morning I had my wisdom teeth forcibly removed from my head. All six of them. That's right readers, I had a bonus couple of wisdom teeth on the top that also needed to be forcibly removed from my noggin. So I've been pretty darn laid out for the last couple of days and even with all of the wisdom metaphors taken from me, I feel like I've learned a thing or two.

The first is not really something new. We learned a long time ago that when I'm sick or have taken some cough medicine or whathaveyou, I lean towards the aggressive. This was confirmed when Little C tried to take away my water bottle after the surgery (can't have straws, ya know) and I tried to fight her. I followed up with many texts to my sisters about the "bossy nurses" even though I'm a huge fan of nurses. Especially these nurses because let's be honest they took super good care of me.
Source
It's sad how much this is me when I'm sick.

The came the next two days of essentially being laid up while the painkillers and the swelling and the not being able to feel the better part of my face all started to work themselves out. And here's where I learned the really important thing. I haaaaaaate being the patient. My sisters took the world's best care of me but I like nothing less than the feeling of being helpless. This was a pretty serious exercise in letting people help me, because for the last couple days I have needed so much help.

Also, and this is nothing new either, but still important, I do not do well with unstructured time. Two and a half days of lounging about was fun for about half of one of those days. I miss the gym. I missed being able to go to work. I mean, don't get me wrong I love a nap (or six) but there's only so much lounging a girl can do. Even if most of that lounging includes repeat viewings of The Force Awakes to see my (fictional) boyfriend Poe Dameron.
Source
Hey, boo...

So while I've still got a few days of soft foods and gentle living until I'm really back on my feet, I'm super grateful to be getting back towards normal. Six times less wise, but what can you do about that?

Happy weekend!
CT

Comments

Popular Posts