Movie Crush Monday: Little C and Raiders of the Lost Ark

Summer is in full swing around here, dear readers. CT and I have a date to see Wonder Woman tonight. I know I know but we both worked conflicting shifts all weekend and solo crying through a superhero movie is something you can only do so many times. In the mean time, CT gifted me with a Spielberg movie last week and this means I get to talk about Raiders of the Lost Ark.
sourced from IMDB


That's right, bitches! It only took us two years but we have finally arrived at Indiana Jones! He's somehow both a nerd, and a rough adventurer! He drinks! He fights! He punches Nazis! What's not to love?

Seriously though, this movie and this character have remained ingrained in my psyche since my step dad let me watch this when I was a kid. The opening sequence where Indy swaps out the golden statue for the bag of sand... No child with a healthy imagination can resist being completely pulled in by that. And thus games of make-believe in our house began to focus around traveling to exotic locations and braving strangely elaborate boobie traps in order to steal hidden treasure... I was never much for a fedora, but I totally used a whip. That shit was handy.

sourced from IMDB


I also feel like it's worth mentioning that this movie teaches us all a handy lesson. If someone is doing something really stupid (like opening the Ark of the Covenant) even after you try to warn them not to... It's really just best to let them go through with major mistakes that will destroy them. Just sigh, close your eyes, and let the Nazis melt their own faces off. I mean mainly the lesson is that it pays to be better informed and morally superior to the bad guys but I prefer the version with the melted Nazis...
sourced from IMDB
Happy Adventuring
Little C

Comments

Popular Posts