Little C: Wayward AF

YOU GUYS IT FINALLY HAPPENED AND I'M SO EXCITED I COULDJUSTEXPLODEWITHJOY!!!!!! Sorry. That was a lot for you guys to come back to after my missed post on Monday. Full disclosure, I was in a car crash and most of my days off for the last two weeks have been used in a desperate attempt to get through the endless steps with my insurance company in order to get a new car. Hopefully this situation will be resolved in the next couple days. Anyway, enough of the boring side crap of my life and back to completely losing it with excitement!!!

You guys may be familiar with our not so secret love for the show Supernatural, mostly because we hardly ever shut up about it. We do not apologize for any of the fandoms that we are trash for. We hope none of you do either. Somewhere in the 'verse someone started floating an idea a few years ago for a spinoff featuring two of our favorite side characters from the show, Jody Mills and Donna Hanscum. The minute we heard about it we could think of little else. These two are funny and tough and the episodes they are in are some of our very favorites. Over the course of the show, Sheriff Jody Mills house has been the go to place for the main characters to drop off the cool teenage girls that can't just go along on adventures with the boys because people who hang out with those boys die at a truly alarming rate. And yesterday they announced that THEY ARE GIVING THESE LADIES A BACKDOOR PILOT NEXT YEAR!!! Welcome to the world Wayward Sisters.

source Den of Geek

Not even joking, I stepped away to let a few stoic tears drift from my eyes when I read the news. Granted the combination of Pride month and the loss of my car means that the stoic tear thing happens about three times a day right now but SHUT UP THIS IS A BIG DEAL OKAY? Sorry. Again I'm prone to overreactions right now. I adore Kim Rhodes who plays Jody so much that essentially I just want to quietly follow her around with a cup of coffee and a pack of gum and take notes on how she lives for a few months. Adopt me, Kim. Teach me your ways! 

Tell me where you got that shirt!
source

The thing is that this potential show was brought about because fans like us demanded it. Loudly. For a long time. Really we were pretty relentless about demanding it. If this show goes it will be because we essentially bullied the CW into it. And that's a beautiful thing. We are living in an age where content creators have unprecedented access to the fans and their ideas for the art. That can be a really destructive thing if writers start letting the fans dictate every plot point, but it also means that there should never be a network meeting where anyone asks "What do people want to watch?" because twitter and tumblr are more than willing to tell you. The fans of TV and particularly of genre TV are vocal about what they do and do not want from programming and I'm really hoping that the CW has figured out a way to tap into that. Give us this show! We deserve something nice for dealing with this disaster of a year! 

source
So fair warning, when this comes out Christy and I will talk of little else. This will be Poe Dameron to the power of Furiosa. It will consume our nerdy hearts till our close friends and family resort to ear plugs and eventually tasers in order to get us to shut up. But the brief periods of unconsciousness will not deter us. We have waited 12 years for hunter that look like us. And now and forever we will remain Wayward. AF. 


Happy Nerding,
Little C

Comments

Popular Posts