Little C: I'm in Love with My Caaaaaaaar

Readers, I mentioned before that I was going through the struggle that is trying too replace a car after one has been totalled. It's an exhausting experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Except maybe the guy who hit me. I hope this has taken just as long for him and that all his tires go flat as soon as he drives his new car off the lot. What can I say, readers. I'm feeling petty.

But as truly exhausting as it is to think about warranties and financing and down payments and... okay, I can hear y'all snoring from here. The punchline is that I bought a car today and for the first time in my life where neither my parents nor my former D.A.R.E. officer were involved. The temptation to call up Officer Avery and brag about my accomplishment was only squashed by my being reminded that he hasn't seen of heard from me in close to a decade and he probably doesn't remember me or thinks I left for LA to join a cult. I settled for texting pictures to everyone I could think of that might care.

As I shuffle my way reluctantly through my mid twenties I find that there are fewer and fewer "firsts" left to me. As one one the Unwashed Millenials I may never own a house. I may never travel my way through Europe. My current level of disdain for Wall Street is making to look like owning stocks is a pretty remote possibility. So today felt like one of those Big Life Moments that manage to make me feel like a real adult. Turns out I don't care for that feeling so I immediately named my new car after a Neil Gaiman character and popped a Blink 182 CD in the stereo. I may not be able to control getting older, but turns out I'll be damned if that means I actually grow up.

Happy Cruising,
Little C

Comments

Popular Posts