CT: We Love You, Los Angeles

Hi Readers,

I started a totally different post than this about 15 times this week. I wrote half a post about the Hanson concert I went to, half a post about favorite holiday traditions, half a post about how unprepared my soul is for Star Wars to come out... Nothing felt right. And it's because it's been a deeply sad, scary week here in Los Angeles and our usual geeky talk just didn't seem like enough.


I've been living here in Los Angeles for seven years now. When I first got here, everything about LA seemed huge and cold and impenetrable. I was convinced that I was going to "do my time" here and get successful enough to move anywhere else. Anywhere.


It took a while, but I have fallen hard for this city. What once seemed huge and cold turns out to be a super diverse patchwork of little cities all stitched together. The neighborhoods of LA all have a different flavor, different atmosphere. The people I've met here, the little corners of the city that I've found, have made this place feel more like home by the day. I love this crazy place.





If you didn't know, LA has been suffering multiple wildfires all week. They're destroying homes, displacing people and animals, and causing probably millions of dollars of damage throughout the county. We're smack dab between the fires and thankfully out of danger of all of them. Our air quality is pretty bad (causing multiple asthma attacks in our house this week), but that's small beans when lots of people we know are losing literally everything.


LA is a beautiful, unique city and that makes this week all the more difficult. If you'd like to help out with those that are affected by the fires, go here. They have a great list of all the ways you can contribute. And we're all hoping and praying that the heroes at the LAFD get the fires contained soon.

CT

Comments

Popular Posts