CT: Why Can't You Finish What You Started?

So sorry, readers. We had every intention of being the best holiday bloggers ever and here we are. Also, I sorta had to start off today with a little bit of Motion City Soundtrack, so if that song is stuck in your head for the next several weeks feel free to blame me. However, it's a totally appropriate quote for what we're here to talk about today. And what we're here to talk about is my total, utter, complete refusal to finish most TV shows.

Here's the thing readers- the reason I like TV so much is that it gives you the opportunity to live in another world. Not for the 2 hours that you sit in the movie theater, but a little bit week by week for literally years. You get to explore all the nooks and crannies and idiosyncrasies that the writers built into the world and the characters. The experience feels continuous... until you get to that final season. The last episodes wrap up the story- whether the writers knew the end was coming and wrote themselves out purposefully or if the show was cancelled on a lark (looking at you, Fox) and it ends on a cliffhanger. Either way, once you get to that last episode, that's it.

Unless, like me, you just never watch those last few episodes. Then you just go on, knowing that there's always a handful more experiences to have in that world and praying that not too many people post spoilery gifs on Tumblr. Don't worry, readers. Little C thinks I'm crazy, too.

However, as my New Years Resolution this year, I've decided that it's time to come to terms with the ending of some of my favorite shows. It's time to learn how to let the story resolve while still enjoying the world of the show. So here is a short, incomplete list of the shows I'm resolving to finally, finally finish the last few episodes of this year:

Psych
Leverage (tbd on whether this proves too painful to actually happen)
Orphan Black
Sense8
BBC's Robin Hood (This is almost definitely a lie, I know my own heart guys)
Being Human
Fortitude

As with all New Years Resolutions, we're going to start with good intentions and just... see how it goes. I'm trying to change, readers. And change in a meaningful way, not just cutting off all my hair and dyeing it purple.

Happy Holidays! Come back on Monday for our last holiday themed movie crush!
CT

Comments

Popular Posts