CT: Vacation

So, in my many travels lately I'm writing to you tonight from my older sister's house in Colorado. Because I am on a much needed week-long vacation. 

And it's awfully pretty here. 

By most standards, so far this vacation has been... Well, exhausting. I'm here this week because my nephew is graduating high school (have we mentioned lately how old we both feel?), and so there are a myriad of parties, projects, and people in town that I am so so excited to see. All of that means that it's 10:00pm Denver time, I've been in town for almost twelve hours, and I am sitting down to rest for the first time. We've been cooking, going to see another nephew's dance recital (he break dances, just in case you were wondering if he was cooler than me), and preparing for the graduation party tomorrow. 

It's bananas. 

But if that doesn't quite sound like a vacation to you, it's probably because you're a normal human being that likes relaxation. Well okay, it's not that I don't like relaxing. Who can't get behind a day filled with nothing but Netflix and sweatpants? It's just that I'm not good at it. A day of doing nothing is fine, but more than that and I start to lose it. I like a project. I like to have some structure. 

So for me, the next week is filled with a perfect balance of time to enjoy my family and the gorgeous, gorgeous Rockie Mountains, and doing a whole lotta activities. 

Things will really kick off here on Monday, when Little C and our other California-based sister arrive. We're all home together so rarely, and I'm certain that a few of our family's epic game nights will be in order. And yes, I also brought a book so that I can attempt some real vacationing as well. 

So that's the excitement here. I'm really looking forward to seeing my nephew graduate. He's a pretty awesome kid, and it's amazing to celebrate with him.  I got predictably weepy just making the slideshow for his party, so all likelihood points to me falling apart completely during the ceremony. 

But that's like an average Tuesday in CT-land ... 


Comments

Popular Posts