Little C: Traveling Blues

Hello readers, 

CT and I are back in Colorado for a few days attending our nephews graduation. CT is actually here all week but because of work my trip is much more of a hit and run. I just got in Monday night and I fly back out tomorrow afternoon, so I between game nights, family in two different towns, and the actual graduation I'm going to be exhausted by the time I get back for my shift on Thursday night. 

As much as I love my trips home or going to see friends, I really hate flying. Not because I resent having to take of my shoes, or the general chaos of the whole ordeal. I hate the actual being on the plane as it moves. In the moment there is really no way to reassure me that physics won't fail and leave us plummeting out of the air. And due to a suspiciously long line for the bar at LAX at 1pm on a Monday, I didn't have the benefit of flying with my buddy Jack Daniels this time. 

I know it's irrational. I know more people die in car crashes or from being crushed by vending machines or whatever. I don't care. Once I'm starting to hurtle down the runway in what my brain is convinced in nothing more than a tin can with wings I would give both arms and a kidney if I could be safely on the ground in a car where I at least have control over whether or not I die. 

Thankfully I'm not the only nervous flier I my family and I've been promised a sedative that I can take before I have to get back in one of those air bound death traps. And hopefully the bar at DIA has better seating accommodation so JD can go with me, gently reminding me that everything is going to be okay...

Safe travels,
Little C

Comments

Popular Posts