Little C: It's Pronounced "Gif" with a hard "G"

I've noticed an overuse of emojis in the last month. My friends and family are using them to communicate thoughts and emotions. I don't get it. Not the communication with pictorial aid thing. I get that. But why would you use these little tiny smiley faces and pictures when you can text gifs.*

CT and I discovered last year that you can text little looping clips of tv shows or movies to each other, and now it's a staple in our conversations. They're the next step, I tell you. The days of the Emoji are numbered. Also "The Days of the Emoji" is going to be the first CD by my Euro-pop band.

Just look at a few of our favorite gifs and their corresponding emotions:

Disappointment


Pull yourself together!


CTs sassy eyebrow


Your words/actions displease me


Or you can use a Gif with words on it, to convey a less ambiguous feeling. 


So give "Gif-speak" a try. Let's all agree it's at least more entertaining than emoticons.

Happy texting,
Little C


*I mean what I said in the title of this post. Pronounce it with a hard "G" or lose my friendship forever.

Comments

Popular Posts