Movie Crush Monday: Little C and Mad Max Fury Road

Oh boy readers... This is a big one.

CT and I have been jazzed about this movie since the first trailer dropped. CT loved the old movies (I confess I've never seen them) and the trailer sent us into a spiraling conversation almost devoid of nouns "Did you see-" "Yeah, and then the-" "Yeah. AND THE FIRE TORNADO!" I am going to attempt to dodge spoilers as I rant about this.



The actual movie was the exact same thing. Only more so. The visuals of this movie are stunning. The colors are all hyper saturated, and the fight scenes (which comprise most of the movie) are perfectly choreographed and shot in a way that manages to avoid being disorienting in spite of the scope. If the film had no dialogue and was just the visuals and the soundtrack, it would have been perfectly satisfying.

Ughhhhh

But I've come to appreciate that George Miller is a perfectionist on a whole nother level. He wrote full life stories and background for not only every character BUT EVERY CAR!!! And then he created over 3,500 storyboard panels for the film. It seems completely unnecessary to most people, but nerd like Christy and I live and breathe for this level of world building. I want to go frame by frame through the film to try to catch all the weird parts that have been worked into the city and the cars to figure out how they got there. I want to know how the characters got names like "Toast the Knowing" and "The Organic Mechanic." 

I want three of these guitars for personal use...

So it's a safe bet that with the semi-obsessive movie viewing habits that CT and I have cultivated, we will be seeing this film many times in theaters. And I encourage you all not to wait. A spectacle like this deserves to be seen on the big screen in all it's glory. Plus the more money it makes, the more money George MIller will get to make the next one. Which can only mean good things for the cars. 

Happy watching,
Little C


Comments

Popular Posts