CT: Holiday Survival Kit

Well readers, if you're like us you'll be traveling in the next week or so to spend time with your loved ones for the holidays. As for us, we're not driving like we did last year, but we are off to the Far Frozen North (aka Wyoming and Colorado) next week. We're so so so excited to see our family and do some celebrating, but the stress of travel is for real.

Whenever I'm traveling, especially when it's for something big like the holidays, I put together a little survival kit. So I thought I would share with you all what's in my survival kit for this trip.

1) A Good Book (or six)
When I was little, any time we had a few minutes of downtime I would pull out a book and get lost in it. I'm pretty sure I'm always going to be that kid. It always takes me a long time to pick out a book to take on vacation. Do I take something I've read, or the next book in a series I'm working on? This year I'm taking about three books. Or four. You know what, we'll just figure that out when we're packing.

2) Alllll the Moisturizers
We're from a very cold place that's also at a high elevation. Which means that the second I step off the plane every ounce of moisture gets zapped from my skin. So any time I spend at home is a constant battle between me and the dry, crackly skin that threatens to take over my life. I know, I know, this one is boring but it's a vital part of the survival kit.

3) Writing Materials
Between a script that's so close to being done we can taste it, our new webseries project, our Channillo series, and about five other works-in-progress, it's safe to say there's a fair amount of writing that's going to happen while we're gone. Notebooks, pens, our computers... all of them are comin' with us.

4) Every Warm Item Of Clothing I Own
Last year, while we were home for Christmas, the weather dropped to a truly frightening -24 degrees farenheit. Needless to say, Little C and I are not prepared for that sort of weather. It dropped down to 50 degrees in Los Angeles this week and we reacted like it was the Ice Age. Thus, every scarf, every sweatshirt, every layer of pants are all going to have to be on my body at all time. I wish I was joking.

Are you guys traveling at all over the holidays? What are you taking with you?

Happy Holidays!
CT

Comments

Popular Posts