CT: A Love Letter To Leslie Knope

Dear readers, earlier this week Little C told you that we're in the midst of watching Parks & Recreation. It's her first time through the show, but it's my... uh... third (if you don't count the 37 times I've needed to rewatch the "Treat Yourself" episode).

I don't think I can oversell for you how much I love this freaking show. The characters are perfect. The writing is on point. I want to pick up my life and move to the weird world of Pawnee, Indiana. I have gifs saved of Jean Ralphio and I cry laughing every time I find an excuse to use one. (Ok but let's have a small moment of love for Ben Schwartz and how hysterical he is.)

But for all the love I have for Parks & Rec, my heart really belongs to Leslie Knope (and by extension to Amy Poehler). 

I feel a weird kinship to Leslie Knope. I share her relentless optimism, her determination to believe that she can do the most good. It's rare for shows to be optimistic, and Leslie always is. Even when she's depressed or sick or beaten down, this is a character that absolutely loves life. She loves her town and her job and believes that government can be used to improve lives. And also she believes in a good waffle and I feel that. Preach, sister. 

And Amy Poehler is just as awesome. I encourage you to check out Amy Poehler's Smart Girls, her site dedicated to celebrating girls for being smart (not just for being pretty). It's chock-full of articles on politics and science and understanding the world we live in. Honestly, it's one of the best parts of my Newsfeed these days. 

If you haven't seen Parks and Recreation, what are you waiting for?? Go. Go now. And if you have, I'll just leave you with this: 


Happy watching! 
CT


Comments

Popular Posts